#102 Apron Block Plane 1-1/4" Wide Blade 5-3/16" Long - 777053
This gem of a plane is based on the vintage Stanley 102 apron plane produced from 1877 to 1962. Due to its compact size, it fits comfortably in the hand for one-handed use and slips easily in an apron pocket ready for immediate use. This bevel up plane is perfect for refining parts, adding chamfers to edges, shaving down proud dovetails, tenons or dowels or cleaning up end grain. This plane may wind up being one of the most often used tools in your shop.
- The body is seasoned ductile cast iron and 5-3/16” long by 1-5/8” wide
- The sole profile is coffinn-shaped and lapped flat to within 0.001”
- The plane has excellent mass weighing in at 15.4 ounces
- The iron is bedded at 12 degrees, making it perfect for endgrain work
- The blade is made from hardened tool steel hardened to 55-60 HRc.
- The blade is 1-1/4” wide and 1/8” thick with a 25-degree bevel. The blade will need honing before use.
- The lever cap, tightening knob and adjustment knob are all solid brass
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov