Three sheets 5/16" x 5" x 12" Float Glass and 7 Sheets 3M™ PSA Lapping Film
- This set contains three sheets 5/16" x 5" x 12" dead flat float glass and 7 sheets of 3M™ lapping film 4-1/4" x 11" in the following microns sizes .3, 1, 3, 5, 12, 30, and 40
- 5/16" float glass is dead flat and the perfect substrate to attach abrasive sheets
- Float glass will accommodate a half sheet of lapping film
- Lapping film has Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) backing with 3 mil high-strength polyester film backing to minimize tearing
- The Scary Sharp Sharpening Method is an approach to sharpening knives and woodworking tools that is fast, effective, consistent and very cost effective.
This is a Scary Sharp Sharpening kit with one sheet of 5/16" float glass and 7 sheets of 3M™ microfinishing lapping film The Scary Sharp Sharpening Method is an approach to sharpening knives and woodworking tools that is fast, effective, consistent and very cost effective. Instead of using conventional, more expensive and messy oil, water or diamond stones, the Scary Sharp Method uses specialized microfinishing or lapping film that is adhered to a hard, flat substrate. High quality Aluminum Oxide, Silicon Carbide or Diamond films can be procured for a reasonable cost per sheet. These films can then be affixed to float glass or granite plates. Float glass is considered the preferred substrate to attach abrasive sheets to as it is “dead flat”. Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) sheets are recommended as all that is required is to peel off the backing and stick to glass or granite. Fresh lapping film will cut faster than most sharpening stones and can be easily and quickly replaced when dull. Unlike traditional water or oil stones no maintenance is required since the glass or granite surface will never hollow from prolonged or uneven use. The Scary Sharp Method will quickly sharpen any knife or cutting tool with excellent and consistent results. This lapping film is 100% made in the USA by 3M™. These microfinishing lapping sheets are made in the USA by 3M™. They can be affixed to any hard flat surface (usually float glass) and used to get a scary sharp edge on wood chisels, plane irons or knives. They can be wrapped around contoured sticks and used to sharpen carving tools. They can also be used to put a fine polish on jewelry. These are PSA and have pressure sensitive (PSA) backing. They have a 3 mil high-strength polyester film backing which is less likely to tear than traditional wet or dry sandpaper. The sheets are not marked so using their color is the only accurate way to identify them.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov