Famag 16 Piece Set Bormax Forstner Bits Imperial Sizes 1/4" to 2-1/8" by 1/8ths
This is a 16 piece set that contains the following sizes: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8" 3/4" 7/8", 1", 1-1/8", 1-1/4", 1-3/8", 1-1/2", 1-5/8", 1-3/4", 1-7/8", 2" and 2-1/8"
These Famag Bormax forstner drill bits are the finest in the world. They drill the cleanest and fastest holes with the best chip ejection, generate the least amount of heat, require less toque and downward pressure and stay sharper longer than any other brand. They are made by Famag, a German manufacturer, who has been making high end boring bits for over 150 years.
- Saw teeth on the outside rim score the perimeter of the hole producing smooth, accurate and straight holes with less splintering and wandering.
- Both long inside cutting edges have a chip breaker design that features offset or staggered cutting edges. These offset cutting edges break up chips into smaller pieces for better chip ejection. This allows drilling smaller diameter and deeper holes with no clogging. The offset cutting edges also require less torque to drill and generates less heat. The body also has an oversize chip ejection area that efficiently ejects chips.
- The low profile outside rim has longitudinal cooling fins or grooves ground into the surface minimizing metal contact with wood reducing friction resulting in much better heat dissipation. Reducing heat buildup prevents premature dulling and greatly increases the life of the cutting edges. You can drill at higher RPMs without fear of excessive heat build. Recommended RPMs are printed on individual packages.
- Outside rim also has vertical channels that assist in chip ejection.
- The eccentric or twisted center point reduces the force needed to feed the bit, minimizes wandering and allows for fast penetration. The center point allows easy starting in wood and allows drilling of overlapping and angled holes.
- All sizes feature hex shanks for better power transfer that will not slip in a drill chuck. These bits work equally well in drill presses and hand and cordless drills.
- Bits feature a black oxide baked on finish that resists corrosion and residue build up.
- Made from German alloy tool steel on CNC machines to very precise tolerances.
- All bits can be sharpened with a diamond file.
- Available in sizes from 1/4” to 2-1/8” in 1/16” increments.
- Overall lengths are 3-1/2”
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov