3M™ 9 Sheet Non-PSA Lapping Microfinishing Film (AO) 8-1/2” x 11”
This lapping film is 100% made in the USA by 3M™. These microfinishing lapping sheets were developed for industrial applications and can be used to flat lap or polish just about anything. This lapping film contains carefully graded aluminum oxide particles that are electrostatically coated onto a high strength polyester film backing. This fast cutting, water resistant abrasive provides precise, consistent, close tolerance finishes, and are available in a wide range of precise micron grades to meet any sharpening or polishing need. They have a 3 mil high-strength polyester film backing which is less likely to tear than traditional wet or dry sandpaper. The sheets are not marked so using their color is the only accurate way to identify them. In the finer grits, it can be difficult to differentiate the abrasive side from the backing. The abrasive side will always have a matte finish, where the film backing side will be glossy.
This 9 sheet set includes Aluminum Oxide (AO) sheets in the following grades:
- 0.3 micron (white) or 60.000 grit
- 1 micron (light green) or 14,000 grit
- 3 micron (pink) or 8,000 grit
- 5 micron (brown) or 4,500 grit
- 9 micron (light blue) or 1800 grit
- 12 micron (yellow) or 1200 grit
- 30 micron (green) or 600 grit and
- 40 micron (blue) or 300 grit
- 60 micron (ivory) or 250 grit
Sheet Size: 8-1/2" x 11"
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov