3M™ 348D 8" PSA Sanding Discs
- Pressure sensitive adhesive backing easily adheres to a backup pad or steel platen and allows for clean and fast removal for quick replacement
- X-weight, durable cloth backing supports aggressive applications without tearing or edge wear
- Aluminum oxide abrasive cuts fast, has a long life, and performs well on many surfaces
- Resin bond protects the disc from heat damage, extending the life of the disc
- Disc can be used for both wet and dry applications
3M™ PSA Cloth Disc 348D is a heavy-duty sanding disc that features a high-strength pressure sensitive adhesive backing that adheres to a backup pad or a steel platen for an efficient application and clean removal.
3M™ PSA Cloth Disc 348D features a heat-resistant resin bond and cloth backing that make this sanding disc a good choice for high heat and heavy duty sanding applications. Aluminum oxide particles in a closed coat offer a fast cut for grinding and dual action (D/A) sanding on metal. This versatile disc provides a fast, efficient method for deburring, blending, cleaning up, and finishing metal parts and surfaces of various sizes and shapes.
PSA or pressure-sensitive adhesive disc is pressed onto a backup pad (also called a disc pad and sold separately) that is attached to a disc sander, random orbital sander, or stationary disc sander.We chose aluminum oxide abrasive, which is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives such as garnet quickly wear down with use. Due to their fast cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, they are widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Heat-resistant resin is a sturdy binding agent that adheres the abrasive to the backing and maintains the stability of the bond even in conditions of high heat or pressure.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov