CMT Straight Router Bits, Long Series 2 Flutes Carbide Tipped
- Beautiful clean edge on your finished piece
- These razor-sharp, double-faced cutters made of special Fatigue Proof® steel and micrograin carbide can withstand even the heaviest work load and still give you a smooth, precise cut every time.
- Exceptional chip ejection to allow cleaner and more constant cutting.
- Surface of all CMT bits is protected with our trademark orange non-stick PTFE to help keep the bit from collecting resin, pitch and other residue.
- Every bit is submitted to strict quality tests to guarantee perfect cutting tolerance, balance and concentricity. CMT bits allow production on an industrial scale using a variety of plywood, composites and natural woods.
CMT carbide tipped router bits produce flawless profiles due to the following features:
SUPERIOR HIGH STRENGTH STEEL BODIES: CMT uses only high-quality, solid bar stock sourced from Switzerland, which provides exceptional resistance to fatigue and abrasion. Larger diameter bodies are heat forged before turning into precise bit bodies. This extra step produces a radial grain orientation which offers large diameter bits extra strength and durability. All machining fully automated ensuring the shanks and bodies are accurate and perfectly balanced.
ANTI-KICKBACK DESIGN: This design controls the depth of cut and minimizes the chance of kickback, reducing your risk of injury.
SINTERHIP HI-DENSITY INDUSTRIAL CHROME CARBIDE: CMT uses specially formulating chrome carbide specially designed to cut wood and laminates. A new process called SinterHIP (Hot Isostatic Pressing), helps prevent material failure and increases cutting life.
TRI-METAL BRAZING: CMTs silver-copper-silver brazing “sandwich” provides a tight bond between the steel and the carbide, with a shock absorbing effect to protect the carbide tips when cutting harder woods and reduces the chance of failed welds.
NON-STICK ORANGE SHIELD COATING®: Prevents bit from heating up, reduces pitch build-up, protects against corrosion, and provides a longer bit life.
MULTI-AXIS GRINDING CREATES A MIRROR FINISH LASTING 3X LONGER: Sharpening is done to extreme precision on multi-axis CNC machines. Each bevel and angle are ground or sharpened to the micron, to produce a cutting edge that is both razor sharp, yet extremely durable.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov