3M™ Steri-Strip Elastic Skin Closures E4546, 1/4 inch x 4 inch (6mm x 100mm), 10 strips/envelope
- These 3M™ Steri-Strips™ are recommended to be in a shop first aid kit by Partick Sullivan in his Article “Cutting-Edge First Aid ER doctor: Throw away your old kit and forget what you’ve been told” in Fine Woodworking Tools and Shop Issue 2010.
3M ™ Steri-Strip™ Elastic Skin Closure are designed to be keep the edges of a cut firmly closed so it will heal rapidly.
From the 3M website:
- Stretches with patients– Conformable, flexible material stretches with body movement . Ideal for highly contoured areas or where edema is expected.
- Helps improve cosmetic outcomes – Non-invasive, sterile design helps reduce scarring and the risk of infection, compared to sutures and staples, with less tissue trauma and better cosmetic outcomes. (Reference on file)
- Saves money – A lower cost alternative to skin adhesives, sutures or staples. (Reference on file)
- Easy on patients – Soft, nonwoven backing and breathability enhance patient comfort. Adhesive is hypoallergenic.
- Easy to apply – Fast application
3M™ Steri-Strip™ Elastic Skin Closures are sterile, flexible skin closure strips that are made of a porous, non-woven elastic backing coated with a hypoallergenic adhesive.
3M™ Steri Strip™ Elastic Skin Closures are sterile, flexible skin closure strips that are made of a porous, non-woven elastic backing coated with a hypoallergenic adhesive.
- Steri-Strip Elastic Skin Closures are ideal for highly contoured areas, where musculoskeletal movement or edema is expected.
Link to article descriping use of Steri Strips in the workshop HERE.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov