3M™ 7445 Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pads
3M™ Scotch-Brite™ 7445 Hand Pads Light Cleansing White Comparable to 0000 Steel Wool 6" x 9"
- Ideal for gentle cleaning on vinyl, porcelain and other delicate surfaces
- Light-duty non-woven pad performs light cleaning on a variety of metals as well as wax mold deflashing
- Very mild abrasive provides gentle yet thorough cleaning
- Conformable web and fine mineral are excellent for fine finishes
- Performance is similar to steel wool grade 0000 without rusting or splintering
- Works well with liquid detergents
- May be used by hand, with a hand pad block or on an in-line sander
Scotch-Brite™ Light Cleansing Hand Pads 7445 are an excellent choice when you require a mild abrasive. The conformable web and fine mineral are the perfect pairing when you need a gentle touch for light cleaning or a fine finish.
Ideal for Many Surfaces
Versatile Scotch-Brite™ Light Cleansing Hand Pads 7445 are ideal for cleaning many different surfaces when a more aggressive hand pad would be too rough. It is commonly used with liquid detergents for gentle but thorough cleaning of dirt or residue on delicate surfaces such as vinyl, porcelain, glass, and plastic. It also performs light cleaning on stainless steel, chrome, or painted surfaces, as well as wax mold deflashing or top coat rubbing of wood.
Convenient Alternative to Steel Wool
Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool, our 7445 pad yields results similar to steel wool grade 0000, minus the rust and tiny splinters. Scotch-Brite™ hand pads can be used right out of the box by hand.
The Scotch-Brite™ Advantage
Scotch-Brite™ is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
4 piece set of one each of the following: 7440 Heavy Duty (Tan), 7447 General Purpose (Maroon), 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) and 7445 Light Cleaning (White).
- 7440 (Tan) Hand Pad is our most aggressive and durable hand pad. Its super dense construction makes it an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring, and finishing applications. Comparable to Grade 4 steel wool.
- 7447 (Maroon) General Purpose Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Comparable to Grade 2 steel wool.
- 7445 Light Cleaning (White) Hand Pad is an excellent choice when you require a mild abrasive. The conformable web and fine mineral are the perfect pairing when you need a gentle touch for light cleaning or a fine finish. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool. Comparable to 0000 steel wool.
- 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) Hand Pad combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas, and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Comparable to 00 steel wool.
For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
3M™ industrial and occupational products are intended, labeled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labeled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety standards (e.g., U.S. OSHA), as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and limitations. Misuse of 3M™ industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, or death. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert. Warning: exposure to dust generated from workpiece and/or abrasive materials can result in lung damage and/or other physical injury. Use dust capture or local exhaust as stated in the SDS. Wear government-approved respiratory protection and eye and skin protection. Failure to follow this warning can result in serious lung damage and/or physical injury. Users must read the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) before using any materials. Contact the supplier of this workpiece material and abrasive materials for copy of the SDS if one is not readily available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov