3M™ 761D 3" x 21" Sanding Belts with Cubitron ™ II Technology
- Designed for wood sanding and finishing applications
- Y-weight cloth backing withstands aggressive sanding
- Blended ceramic grain delivers excellent cut-rate and life
- Resin bonding resists deterioration from heat, extending abrasive life
- Semi-closed coat for greater grain density and a finer finish on hard surfaces
3M™ Cloth Belt 761D is an abrasive sanding belt constructed on a heavy Y-weight backing that features semi-closed coat construction for aggressive sanding action. This tough backing, combined with the blended ceramic abrasive grains, makes this belt ideal for heavy applications like aggressive surface sanding and stock removal. High-quality Construction Our 3M™ Cloth Belt 761D is best suited for wood sanding and finishing thanks to its durability and fast-cutting abrasive material. The Y-weight cloth backing provides smooth operation and durability for consistent finishing, and its abrasive side features a semi-closed coat of grains for excellent finishes. 3M™ Cloth Belt 761D is engineered using 3M™ ceramic materials, which enhance the toughness and durability of the product. Ceramic blend products feature aluminum oxide blended with ceramic grain for a harder, longer-lasting abrasive. Perfect for stock removal, ceramic abrasives are engineered to fracture frequently for a super-fast cut and can handle intense heat and stress applications. This cloth belt also uses a resin bonding specially designed to resist thermal deterioration, which can occur during sanding. This bond is very tough, and excellent for precision work on hard and soft wood. This also allows for faster sanding and a higher cut rate. Semi-closed coat construction features a dense spread of abrasive grains across the surface of the cloth. This design cuts fast and provides a consistent, uniform finish.
4 piece set of one each of the following: 7440 Heavy Duty (Tan), 7447 General Purpose (Maroon), 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) and 7445 Light Cleaning (White).
- 7440 (Tan) Hand Pad is our most aggressive and durable hand pad. Its super dense construction makes it an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring, and finishing applications. Comparable to Grade 4 steel wool.
- 7447 (Maroon) General Purpose Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Comparable to Grade 2 steel wool.
- 7445 Light Cleaning (White) Hand Pad is an excellent choice when you require a mild abrasive. The conformable web and fine mineral are the perfect pairing when you need a gentle touch for light cleaning or a fine finish. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool. Comparable to 0000 steel wool.
- 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) Hand Pad combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas, and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Comparable to 00 steel wool.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov