3M™ 7448 Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pads
3M™ Scotch-Brite™ 7448 Hand Pads Ultra Fine Grey Comparable to 00 Steel Wool 6" x 9"
- Ultra fine finishing action outperforms steel wool for cleaning, blending, prepping and finishing on metal, wood, plastics and composites
- Performs like steel wool grade 00 without shredding, rusting, or splintering
- Pad conforms to irregular surfaces and gets into corners without losing performance
- Cleans metal, composites, and other materials without altering the base material
- Load and heat resistant non-woven web provides consistent finishing over the life of the pad
Scotch-Brite™ Ultra Fine Hand Pad 7448 combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas, and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Unlike fine steel wool, Scotch-Brite pads will not shred during use, rust after use, or leave fine metal splinters.
Load-Resistant Pad Runs Clean
The durable open-web construction of our Scotch-Brite™ Ultra Fine Hand Pad is load resistant, offers long life and consistent abrasive action for cleaning, finishing, and buffing with no need to adjust, turnover, or continue the same project with a new pad. The pad gets into corners and works detailed surfaces without altering the dimensions of the base material. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool, this versatile pad is a useful item for any workshop. The Scotch-Brite™ Ultra Fine Hand Pad can be used right out of the box by hand, paired with a hand pad block, or run on an in-line sander for faster completion on larger areas.
Made with Silicon Carbide Mineral
This grey pad is filled with silicon carbide abrasive mineral, a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep. While it breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish.
The Many Benefits of Scotch-Brite™ Abrasives
Our Scotch-Brite™ abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven fiber matrix. Combining abrasives and non-woven material creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
4 piece set of one each of the following: 7440 Heavy Duty (Tan), 7447 General Purpose (Maroon), 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) and 7445 Light Cleaning (White).
- 7440 (Tan) Hand Pad is our most aggressive and durable hand pad. Its super dense construction makes it an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring, and finishing applications. Comparable to Grade 4 steel wool.
- 7447 (Maroon) General Purpose Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Comparable to Grade 2 steel wool.
- 7445 Light Cleaning (White) Hand Pad is an excellent choice when you require a mild abrasive. The conformable web and fine mineral are the perfect pairing when you need a gentle touch for light cleaning or a fine finish. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool. Comparable to 0000 steel wool.
- 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) Hand Pad combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas, and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Comparable to 00 steel wool.
For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
3M™ industrial and occupational products are intended, labeled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labeled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety standards (e.g., U.S. OSHA), as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and limitations. Misuse of 3M™ industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, or death. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert. Warning: exposure to dust generated from workpiece and/or abrasive materials can result in lung damage and/or other physical injury. Use dust capture or local exhaust as stated in the SDS. Wear government-approved respiratory protection and eye and skin protection. Failure to follow this warning can result in serious lung damage and/or physical injury. Users must read the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) before using any materials. Contact the supplier of this workpiece material and abrasive materials for copy of the SDS if one is not readily available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov