3M™ 7447 Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pads
3M™ Scotch-Brite™ 7447 Hand Pads General Purpose Burgundy Maroon Comparable to Grade 1 Steel Wool 6" x 9"
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other nonwoven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, denibs, and defuzzes
- Suitable for use on wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites
- Reusable pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces
Scotch-Brite™ General Purpose Hand Pad 7447 combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results, use after use. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Suitable for use on a wide variety of materials and for many different tasks.
Offers Precise Hand Control
The performance of Scotch-Brite™ General Purpose Hand Pad 7447 is comparable to steel wool grade 1. However, unlike steel wool, Scotch-Brite™ pads won't shred during use, rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water or solvents, and rinsed clean for reuse. This multipurpose 6 x 9" pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.
May Be Used on a Variety of Substrates
This maroon hand pad uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Many Benefits of Open-Web Abrasives
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasive products are a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or other synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
4 piece set of one each of the following: 7440 Heavy Duty (Tan), 7447 General Purpose (Maroon), 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) and 7445 Light Cleaning (White).
- 7440 (Tan) Hand Pad is our most aggressive and durable hand pad. Its super dense construction makes it an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring, and finishing applications. Comparable to Grade 4 steel wool.
- 7447 (Maroon) General Purpose Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Comparable to Grade 2 steel wool.
- 7445 Light Cleaning (White) Hand Pad is an excellent choice when you require a mild abrasive. The conformable web and fine mineral are the perfect pairing when you need a gentle touch for light cleaning or a fine finish. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool. Comparable to 0000 steel wool.
- 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) Hand Pad combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas, and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Comparable to 00 steel wool.
For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
3M™ industrial and occupational products are intended, labeled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labeled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety standards (e.g., U.S. OSHA), as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and limitations. Misuse of 3M™ industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, or death. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert. Warning: exposure to dust generated from workpiece and/or abrasive materials can result in lung damage and/or other physical injury. Use dust capture or local exhaust as stated in the SDS. Wear government-approved respiratory protection and eye and skin protection. Failure to follow this warning can result in serious lung damage and/or physical injury. Users must read the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) before using any materials. Contact the supplier of this workpiece material and abrasive materials for copy of the SDS if one is not readily available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov