3M™ 7440 Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pads
3M™ Scotch-Brite™ 7440 Hand Pads Heavy Duty Tan Comparable to Grade 4 Steel Wool 6" x 9"
- Aggressive, durable pad is an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring and finishing applications
- Very high density Scotch-Brite™ pad is super aggressive for quick stock removal
- Durable construction withstands extremely heavy use on the toughest surfaces
- Cuts fast to remove coatings and corrosion in demanding cleaning and finishing applications
- Performance similar to steel wool grade 4 without shredding, rusting, or splintering
- May be used by hand, with a hand pad block or on an in-line sander
The Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Hand Pad 7440 is 3M’s most aggressive and durable hand pad. Its super dense construction makes it an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring, and finishing applications.
Removes the Most Stubborn Contaminants and Coatings and Leaves a Uniform Finish
When you have a demanding surface to restore and the Scotch-Brite™ maroon pad isn't quite up to the challenge, it's time to turn to the heavyweight champion of hand-held cleaning pads, our Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Hand Pad 7440. This super strong pad cuts through contaminants and oxides quickly and breaks down adhesive coatings with ease. As with 3M’s other hand pads, this tan heavy duty pad removes rust and grime and leaves behind a uniform finish on the surface of the workpiece so you can achieve a quality primer or paint job.
Ultra Durable Fibers Stay Strong
The Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Hand Pad 7440 lives up to its name. The ultra durable fibers can take a lot of abuse from aggressive use on the toughest surfaces without tearing or shredding. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool, our 7440 pad yields results similar to steel wool grade 4, minus the rust and splinters.
The Scotch-Brite™ Heavy Duty Hand Pad 7440 can be used right out of the box by hand, paired with a hand pad block, or run on an in-line sander for faster completion on larger areas.
The Scotch-Brite™ Advantage
Scotch-Brite™ is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
4 piece set of one each of the following: 7440 Heavy Duty (Tan), 7447 General Purpose (Maroon), 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) and 7445 Light Cleaning (White).
- 7440 (Tan) Hand Pad is our most aggressive and durable hand pad. Its super dense construction makes it an excellent choice for your heaviest cleaning, deburring, and finishing applications. Comparable to Grade 4 steel wool.
- 7447 (Maroon) General Purpose Hand Pad combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Comparable to Grade 2 steel wool.
- 7445 Light Cleaning (White) Hand Pad is an excellent choice when you require a mild abrasive. The conformable web and fine mineral are the perfect pairing when you need a gentle touch for light cleaning or a fine finish. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool. Comparable to 0000 steel wool.
- 7448 Ultra Fine (Grey) Hand Pad combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas, and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Comparable to 00 steel wool.
For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
3M™ industrial and occupational products are intended, labeled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labeled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety standards (e.g., U.S. OSHA), as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and limitations. Misuse of 3M™ industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, or death. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert. Warning: exposure to dust generated from workpiece and/or abrasive materials can result in lung damage and/or other physical injury. Use dust capture or local exhaust as stated in the SDS. Wear government-approved respiratory protection and eye and skin protection. Failure to follow this warning can result in serious lung damage and/or physical injury. Users must read the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) before using any materials. Contact the supplier of this workpiece material and abrasive materials for copy of the SDS if one is not readily available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov